The Cook House: Built in the 1920’s. Located at the ranch head quarters. Still in use today, where our cook, Iris McNab, has been providing home-style meals and baking for a crew of 15-25 employees for over 30 years. (Not open to the public).
The Horse Barn: Built in the 1950’s. Located at the ranch head quarters. Each cowboy is given a stall for their personal use for tack and storage and is responsible for that same stall for the duration of their employment at the Gang. (Not open to the public)
Big House Barn: Built when the Gang was owned by an English company, Western Canadian Ranching Company (1888-1947). The English built a grand house, set apart from the worker's housing, for management to stay in when visiting the ranch. Because of the grand display and fine English furniture, the workers named it the "Big House." The Big House fell into disrepair when the new ranch manager Bill Studdert moved into it in 1948. It burned at a later date, however, the barn is still standing and can be viewed at a distance, west of Word Creek road. (Not for public access, view from Word Creek Rd.[2700 rd])
Grave Yard Cabin: Located in Graveyard Valley, so named because the valley is a burial site for the Tsilhqot’in (Chilcotin) and St’at’imc (Lillooet) warriors who fought and died here during tribal wars of the past. The cabin was built in the very early days of Gang Ranch’s history during Jerome Harper’s ownership. It is one of the many cabins that was used as shelter for cowboys as the cattle came through the area. It is still in use to this day for Gang Ranch cowboys. (This cabin among others in the ranch’s range lands are opened to the public, but precedence goes to ranch use.)
Churn Creek Bridge: The metal bridge in use today on Gang Ranch Rd. was built in the early 2000s. It replaced the decking of a wooden bridge dating back to 1908. The steel pillars and wires are still in use from the original bridge. Prior the wooden bridge’s construction Gang Ranch was accessed by a ferry crossing at Churn Creek, or by the Sheep Creek Suspension bridge.
Farwell Canyon, “The Pothole Ranch” owned by the Gang Ranch
Gordon “Mike” Farwell bought the flat beside the Chilcotin River from early settler Louis Vedan in the early 1900’s. He went into partnership with Gerald Blenkinsop in 1912. Farwell named the area The Pothole Ranch, but after both men were happily married the area became known as Happy Valley. They sold the land to Gang Ranch in 1919 who used it as a cow camp for many years. The remains of the homestead can still be seen to this day.